Monday , August 24, 2020
St. Tammany Parish Government announced the following Emergency Operations updates at a news briefing earlier today.
- Parish Officials continue to monitor Tropical Storms Marco and Laura and their potential impacts on St. Tammany Parish
- All non-essential Parish Government offices will be closed, Tuesday, August 25, 2020. Essential employees are to report as assigned.
- These facilities will remain closed Tuesday, August 25, 2020:
Camp Salmen Nature park, located at 35122 Parish Pkwy, Slidell, LA 70460
The Tammany Trace
The St. Tammany Fishing Pier located at 54001 E Howze Beach Rd, Slidell, LA 70461
Kids Konnection Playground located at 21410 Koop Dr, Mandeville
Northshore Beach located at 267 Debbie Dr, Slidell, LA 70458
Bayou Lacombe Bridge. No Marine traffic.
- The St. Tammany Parish Department of Public Works will open six self-serve sandbag locations Tuesday, August 25, 2020, from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., weather permitting. There will be someone to assist the elderly and the disabled at each location.
St. Tammany Parish Government Koop Drive
21410 Koop Dr., Mandeville
St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Airport Road Barn
34583 Grantham College Rd, Slidell, La
The Old Levee District Site
61134 Military Road (Hwy 190) Slidell, La.
St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Fritchie Barn
63119 Highway 1090 in Pearl River
St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Keller Barn
63131 Fish Hatchery Road, Lacombe
St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Covington Barn
1305 N. Florida Street, Covington
- The St. Tammany Clerk of Court, Judges and District Attorney’s offices are closed through Wednesday, August 26, 2020.
- St. Tammany Parish libraries are closed today and Tomorrow, August 25, 2020.
- STAR TRANSIT will not run until after the storm has passed and road conditions are reassessed.
- Coastal Environmental is suspending recycling this week. Garbage pickup is expected however, the schedule may change.
- Public Works and Tammany Utilities personnel remain on call, if needed, out of an abundance of caution.
- Citizens can call 985-809-2300 for storm updates, or visit www.stpgov.org/storm for information.
- Continuous updates will be posted at www.stpgov.org, on STPG-TV; Channel 710 Spectrum; Channel 99 AT &T U-Verse, as well as on Social Media.
Residents are asked to clear any debris from culverts and drainage pathways, and to monitor the weather forecasts in the coming days through your local media outlets. Prepare your enhanced plan to accommodate COVID-19 precautions.
Learn more here: www.stpgov.org/storm
Sign up now for ALERT St. Tammany, here. This is the Parish-wide emergency notification system for St. Tammany Parish Government. If we can’t reach you, we can’t alert you.
Follow these topics: Local News