From the Covington Police Department:
The Covington Police Department is hiring highly motivated and professional individuals who are looking to begin a law enforcement career in the City of Covington. The Covington Police Department has a robust benefits package which includes:
- Starting Salary – $36,000 – $37,440, depending on previous law enforcement experience.
- $6,000 State Supplemental Pay after one year from POST Graduation.
- 100% of retirement paid by the city. (Typically, the employee would pay 10% of their salary into the retirement system. With Covington Police, the employee’s portion is paid by the city, saving you thousands of dollars per year.)
- The city pays the employee’s medical benefits.
- Incentive pay for a college degree up to an additional $2,340 per year.
- Incentive pay for a medical certification up to an additional $2,340 per year for medical.
- Police unit issued with take-home privileges.
- ALL equipment and uniforms, including boots provided to officers. (We mean everything! You will not have to purchase anything to work for the Covington Police Department.)
- Overtime opportunities are available.
- Off Duty Details at $38 an hour available regularly.
If you are interested in joining our team and becoming a leader in the Covington Community, please contact Lieutenant Tammy Blocker at email@example.com or call 985-892-8500!